– Glad that the Nirbhaya animals were punished
– Sad that such an event happened and continues to happen in India
– Outraged that women and children are still treated with disdain in this country which is ultimately the basis for such crimes
– Angry that it took 8 years for the law to run its course even for such a gruesome crime
– Furious that the law makers of this country refuse to rewrite laws to close loopholes and expedite the process for such crimes despite repeated occurrences
– But proud that this country gave even these heinous criminals every right to process under the law, in the face of intense public fury and demand for immediate retribution.
This too is democracy and rule of law.
Note: I am not endorsing capital punishment here. For me, the law, the legal process and justice are related but different matters.